Something About Mary ~ by Shari Braendel
I recently met a new friend that I was completely smitten with the moment we were introduced. There was just something about Mary.
I’ll bet it’s happened to you too. You meet someone for the first time and there’s something about her that rings beauty. She laughs with sparkling eyes and speaks with kindness and compassion.
You know immediately she loves Jesus because she exudes it.
Mary Jolicoeur is a breast cancer survivor and one of the finest, most beautiful women I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing. We literally became instant friends. Though I didn’t know her while she was walking thru her cancer treatments, I was told she did so with grace and elegance.
We met because I was given the honor of taking her shopping when she was gifted a shopping spree from the winner of a makeover contest. Though the winner was thrilled to win, she wanted to bless someone else with the prize so she gave the gift to Mary.
That’s where I come in. You see, I get to teach and speak about fashion and faith so when Mary was given the shopping spree, I got to shop with her!!!!!
She told me that when she was going thru her treatments her outer appearance was a thing of concern for her. She didn’t look or feel like her old self. She lost her hair, her skin felt dry and her body weight went up and down.
If you are a cancer survivor, you know what she’s talking about.
Though I don’t know firsthand how that feels, I CAN give you a few fashion tips to help you thru your journey. And for fun, take a look at this video of Mary and me on our shopping day.
There’s just something about Mary… don’t you agree?
Fashion and Beauty Tips for Cancer Survivors
- Wear bright colors.
- Prints and patterns are better than solid colored tops as they draw less attention to the bust area.
- Pants without zippers and buttons are best.
- Opt for soft fabrics like cotton. Kika Paprika has a wonderful line of cotton clothing. They have individual consultants who will come to your home and help you find the right pieces in your size and best colors. You can find a consultant at their website www.KikaPaprika.com
- Vests are great layering pieces.
- Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize! Wear scarves ,bold necklaces and pretty earrings.
- Makeup will help you feel better, especially lipstick.
And finally, remember you are beautiful exactly as you are.
Leave a comment (1 entry) and subscribe to Bonnie’s blog (additional entry) and be entered to win Shari’s book,